Each podcast app differs in how you add the URL to their player, so we’ve provided the instructions next to each. These instructions come from other sources. If you run into any issues, feel free to send us a message.
Apps That Will Work with Your Custom Feed URL
Below are the iOS and Android apps that work with the Member Feed. If you don’t use any of the below apps, you can also listen to episodes directly on the Double Feature site. One note about these apps: those with an asterisk (*) means that it is a paid service and they may also offer ad-free streaming.
Instructions: to learn how to set up your RSS link in a podcast app, click “instructions here” next to the app you’d like to use.
Android Apps that work:
Player FM *
Pocket Casts * (instructions here)
Podcast apps that may not work with the Member Feed:
The following apps do not support authentication:
Authentication is a process of confirming identity by providing valid credentials for verification. The lack of authentication support may or may not prevent the Member Feed URL. Definitely give it a try!
How to find the episodes once you subscribe
Each podcast app looks different, but generally you can find the episodes by looking for a section that says Episodes, Shows, or Library within the podcast app.
More information about your private RSS link and feed
1. Don’t share your private Member Feed URL. Your URL is specifically for you, as a Double Feature member offering this benefit. It contains an authorization token that links directly to your account. If you share it with anyone, they will have access to the benefits you’re paying for – and rob the creator of a potential patron. As part of an automatic check, this may also disable your URL.
2. Sites and services that share URLs with other users are generally restricted from hosting this feed. Many are blocked outright. If the feed is found on another site you may have your URL blocked.
3. Some apps will not allow you to add your RSS feed because they don’t support authentication on podcasts. As these apps are discovered they will be listed in this article under ‘Apps that will work with your custom audio RSS’.
4. There are some apps that require the creators to submit the feeds themselves (and usually pay a fee to do so). These apps will not allow you to add your Member Feed URL because Double Feature has no way to create a feed without authentication.
5. Don’t forget, you can still access these episodes by going to the main Members page and clicking the corresponding Year of the show.
6. Data fees from your phone company may apply when you download podcasts. Many podcast apps have settings to limit the number of downloads per show; for example, downloading only only the three newest episodes rather than all new episodes. Also you may be able to set your app to download only over WiFi rather than using your phone’s data connection. Please check with the settings on your phone and the app you use for more information.